2015 Color Predictions!
Image via They All Hate Us
We have the whole year ahead of us to dream, create, dazzle and delight! Life will be changing all around us, from new fashion trends to new hairstyles, breaking news stories and more, 2015 will make its own mark.
In the home decorating world, the most popular trends and colors will gradually make their unveiling throughout the next twelve months. With Pantone announcing “Marsala” as the color of the year, we thought it would be fun to make our own predictions as to what colors will ultimately reign in 2015!
Images via Apartment Therapy, Domaine Home & Brown William Art + Design
1. Warm Earthy Tones: With Marsala debuting as the 2015 color of the year, it seems only right that earthy tones will be seen alongside. Expect a warm mixture of toasty browns and oranges to chic and sophisticated hues of tan and beige.
Images via Houzz, WallPops & Huffington Post
2. Bold Color Mixing: Bright colors are always in fashion! This year we expect there to be more mixing and matching of colors for an energetic impact. A bold feature wall or colorful piece of furniture is a wonderful starting point followed by a vibrant piece of art, pillow, duvet cover, lamp shade or kitchen appliance for the finishing touch.
Images via Better Homes and Gardens, Benjamin Moore, WallPops, Pinterest and Apartment Therapy
3. Green Makes a Comeback: Benjamin Moore announced Guilford Green as their 2015 color of the year. A pale silvery green, this soothing hue creates a peaceful interior that’s hard to match. On the other end of the spectrum, warm olive tones are being seen in both furniture and wall décor. This rich, natural hue is truly lovely (in the right shade of course!).
Images via Pinterest, Style at Home & WallPops
4. Gray as a Neutral: Sophisticated, chic, trendy and stylish, gray is the “it” color. With the ability to stand alone or act as a neutral, gray isn’t going anywhere anytime soon! From walls to furniture, linens, rugs, accent pieces and beyond, there is not much that can’t be covered in this clean and polished hue.
Images via Row House Nest, WallPops, Top Teny and Pinterest
5. Everything Blue: We saw blue make a comeback last year and we think it’s here to stay (at least for a little while longer..!). Bright Mediterranean style blues to gorgeous ocean shades, deep navy tones and more transform any space into majestic haven.