Décor Designed by YOU!
When you’re in need of a change, this inspiring décor project is just the thing you need! From fresh quotes and colorful shapes and patterns, to elegant florals, WallPops helps you easily customize the look of your wall art. The thought of designing your own wall mural may not have been something that’s crossed your mind before, however the beauty that can come out of something YOU created will be both a special and memorable addition to your home.
1. Pebble Blox
Tips for Creating the Ultimate Boy’s Room
By Jane Blanchard
Are you looking to design an over-the-top bedroom for your son? I love the idea of creating a stylish and functional boys’ bedroom that’s a gorgeous extension of your own design aesthetic. Whatever design style you choose, it is important to create an environment that stimulates the imagination of your son. Accentuate his interests with a great design theme — perhaps your son is a sports fanatic, dreams of traveling through the cosmos as an astronaut, or aspires to sail around the world. Check out some great inspiration and ideas for you to help you choose the design that is perfect for your little man!
Beds: Blake by Wesley Allen
This traditional bedroom has a vintage touch with the throwback Radio Flyer and fire engine artwork that ties the whole room together. Decorate the bed with a pillow that proudly displays your kid’s first initial on it to make him feel like it truly is his own space.
Little Red Fire Engine by Radio Flyer; $99.99
This over-the-top sports themed bedroom is sure to impress any young sports enthusiast. Underbed lighting might be the perfect way to elevate the room to total coolness.
Mural: Morgan Bricca of Murals By Morgan
Does your son have a race car obsession? You will make his day with these pop art inspired race car wall decals from wallpops.com. A perfect temporary solution to age-specific decorating in a little boy’s room.
This sports-themed design is vintage, subtle and refined. Mix patterns and colors on textiles to add visual interest and create a cozy feeling.
Artwork: Oopsy Daisy Fine Art For Kids
What little boy doesn’t aspire to be an astronaut? This solar system-themed bedroom has an unexpected feature: a mural on the ceiling complete with hanging planets. When decorating your son’s room, don’t be afraid to do something cool on the ceiling.
Bedding: Solar System Bedding, Land of Nod
The nautical theme in this room is found in many details. From the sailboats on the wallpaper to the rope details on the light fixture, no opportunity was lost to infuse a strong nautical vibe in this room.
A bed that’s a boat! This world-traveler nautical-themed bedroom makes quite a statement. The drawers built into the bed provide additional storage to keep the bedroom looking this impressive all the time.
Bed: Pottery Barn Kids
Transitional style marries traditional and contemporary style in a cohesive, slightly eclectic manner. This refined boys bedroom oozes with style. This room is also rich in texture, with a plush headboard, jute area rug, and bedding with multiple textures.
Imagine curling up to read a book or perhaps building a blanket fort in these beds tucked into the eaves of your home. The built-in storage is great for keeping all of your son’s belongs neatly stowed away.
Make sure to check out Modernize for more inspirational design ideas!
Refashion an Old Jewelry Box with WallPops!
Today’s WallPops project takes a long forgotten jewelry box and recreates it, giving it an updated and refreshed look. This fun activity can be customized to your own personal style using any design that fits into your bedroom décor scheme. Have fun with your design, mix, match and be creative!
How-to Easily Assemble Your New Wall Décor!
You may feel a little overwhelmed when you first open your new wall kit. With some of our tree designs having anywhere from 87 to 142 pieces, the application process may seem like a daunting task.
Don’t you worry! Most of our kits include a handy guide for you to follow along with as you assemble. Along with this guide, each piece (not including leaves, those you can place anywhere!) is numbered so that you can easily locate the base of your tree to the very last branch.
We also created a how-to video for you above so that you have a step by step tutorial to accompany you when it comes time to assemble your gorgeous new wall décor.
Show Your Special Someone You Care!
Love is in the air! Now until Sunday, February 15, 2015 enjoy 20% off your entire order at wallpops.com. From beautiful wall kits to inspirational quotes, hearts and butterflies, flowers and more, there is no better way to say BE MINE than with a fashionable decal that can follow your loved one wherever they go.
We are excited to announce the launch of WallPops Scholarship for the Arts! It is our hope that this award for an accredited 4 year college or university will provide help to aspiring artists studying in the creative field. Creating beautiful wall décor is our passion and this scholarship gives us the opportunity to support those who share our passion for design.
With two available scholarships, each for $1,000, all eligible candidates must submit their applications by May 22, 2015 to be considered. Our WallPops Scholarship Committee will then select the awarded applicants based on application materials. Read on for full eligibility requirements and the application process.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship. The candidate:
- Demonstrates a passion for the arts with plans on beginning or continuing an art related education
- Is a citizen of the United States of America
- Has a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Enrolled full–time in an US high–school with expected May 2015 graduation, or completed GED (attach transcripts or official record); OR is
- Enrolled full–time as a college freshmen at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record)
Application materials must be received by May 22, 2015 in order to be considered. The following materials should be submitted via postal mail:
- Completed application form.
- Letter of Acceptance at U.S. accredited 4-year college or university.
- Official transcript demonstrating achieved GPA.
- A typed essay (no more than 2-pages, double-spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
- Of all the jobs that incorporate art, where would you like to see your studies lead you?
- What is one thing that you have done outside of the classroom that means the most to you and demonstrates your creativity?
- Explain the importance of art in today’s society.
Recipients will be selected by members of the Wallpops Scholarship Committee based on application materials provided. Awarded applicants will be notified of the committee‘s decision by 6/12/2015. Payment will be made directly to the recipient‘s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school‘s scholarship guidelines.
Please mail all completed documents to:
ATTN: Wallpops Scholarship
Brewster Home Fashions
67 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
We are truly inspired by the drive and talent of today’s students and are grateful that we can do this small part to help the next generation of creative leaders.
A Simple Upgrade that MAKES a Difference!
Designing a kitchen backsplash tends to be one of those projects that most likely falls at the end of the to-do list. Hanging a few pictures and organizing the counter space is sometimes all that people find the time to do. However, until you actually see the difference that a backsplash can make, you might never understand the power that this small upgrade can have.
When you compare the top picture to the one above, the difference is truly remarkable. From clean white walls to walls with flavor, this funky backsplash gives this kitchen a wonderful new vibe.
Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video below for a step by step guide on how to create your own beautiful backsplash.
7 DIY Projects to Try This Month
Did you know that January is National Hobby Month? Celebrate this inspirational month by trying one or ALL of these easy DIY projects. Not just for design enthusiasts, these simple ways to personalize your home décor will help to get your creative juices flowing, and who knows you may just find a new hobby out of it…
2. Create a Chalkboard Wall: Chalkboard walls are SO in! Instead of using chalkboard paint that’s messy and permanent, use a couple of our large peel and stick chalkboard decals to make you own that’s both mess free and removable.
3. Make Your Own Jewelry Holder: This stylish jewelry holder from Lemonade Makin’ Mama allows you to both organize your jewels as well as incorporate them into your décor. Sasha’s goal was to put on at least one piece of jewelry every day and this helped her do it. What are some of your goals this month?
4. Design Your Own Mug: Have the same old mugs from years ago? This quick project from Caitlin of the Merrythought gives them a chic upgrade using only a bowl of warm water and nail polish!
5. Redesign Your Fridge: Bring your refrigerator into the modern era with this fun DIY that turns your fridge into a fashionable accessory. You can purchase this funky geometric pattern here: Zoe Blox Decals.
6. Fashion Your Own Marquee Sign: Aimee from Song of Style shows us just how simple it is to create our own marquee letters. Spell out you name or bring an inspiration to life with this genius decorating project.
7. Make Your Own Coasters: Design your own colorful coasters using WallPops Geo decals or create your own look with the pattern of your choice. This project is a fun way to add a bit of flavor to any table.