WallPops is excited to announce that we are accepting applications for WallPops Scholarship for The Arts! Our Scholarship for an accredited 4-year college or university will provide the help to students studying a creative and art-related education. Creating beautiful Home décor is our passion, and the scholarships gives us an opportunity to support those who share our passion for design and creativity.
Two scholarships are available, each for $1,000. All eligible graduating seniors and first-time college students must submit their applications by June 26th to be considered. Our WallPops Scholarship Committee will then select the winning applicants based on submitted materials. Continue reading for full eligibility requirements and the application process.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship. The candidate:
- Demonstrates a passion for the arts with plans on beginning or continuing an art related education
- Is a citizen of the United States of America
- Has a minimum grade point average of 3.2
- Enrolled full time in an US high school with expected 2019 graduation, or completed GED (attach transcripts or official record); OR
- Enrolled full time as a college freshman at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.2 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record)
Application materials must be postmarked June 26, 2020 or earlier in order to be considered. The following materials should be submitted via postal mail:
- Completed application form.
- Letter of Acceptance at U.S. accredited 4-year college or university OR transcripts/official record of 4-year college/university currently enrolled in.
- Official transcript demonstrating achieved GPA.
- (Required) Portfolio, website, thumbdrive, cd, or printed images of artwork. Printed images are preferred.
- A typed essay (no more than 2-pages, double-spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
- What inspired you to pursue art as a career?
- Describe your most meaningful project so far.
- What do you hope to accomplish with a degree in art?
- Describe a situation where you feel art has improved a community.
All completed documents should be mailed and postmarked by June 26th, 2020 or earlier to:
Brewster Home Fashions
67 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
Among the hundreds of amazing designs that were submitted last year, Emily and Alexis’ artwork stood out to us from the 2019 WallPops Scholarship for The Arts. These individuals showcased their creativity and academic achievements in a way that amazed us and embraced our mission.
Emily, a graphic design student from the West Coast, really charmed us with the amount of detail that she put into her work and how she expressed her creativity through her application. Alexis, an art student from the East Coast, displayed an incredible work of art that demonstrated her ability to grasp texture and depth to her designs.