If you haven’t already heard, we have some very exciting news! We’ve launched our newest product, FloorPops! A perfect addition to the WallPops family, FloorPops are peel and stick vinyl tiles that are incredibly easy to install. With no grout and special tools needed, getting the tiled look you’ve always wanted just got a lot easier-and at an affordable cost! To celebrate their launch, we decided to make over an entryway using the Gothic FloorPops. Witness the magic and see the transformation for yourself!
Before Installing FloorPops:
Lay tile package flat and allow 48 hours to acclimate to room temperature. Be sure the surface is clean, smooth, flat and dry before applying. Area must be free of grease, dirt, wax and other oils. Make sure to not apply tiles to loose or uneven flooring, and radiant heated floors. If installing over concrete, a primer adhesive is necessary for a secure application.
- Mark perpendicular guidelines to find the center of the room.
- With the back liner on, lay tiles out from the center of the room, to the walls. Make sure each arrow on the back of the tiles are pointed in the same direction!
- Starting from the center of the room, remove backing from your first tile and press firmly into place. Install the next tile tightly against the side of the first one. Working on one quarter of the room at a time, apply tiles in a step pattern.
- Use a straight edge and utility knife to trim edge tiles to fit oddly shaped spaces/floor borders.
- Are FloorPops really permanent/are they removable?
To be durable enough to withstand foot traffic, FloorPops were designed with a strong adhesive. This means that they are NOT removable in the sense that our peel and stick NuWallpaper or wall decals are removable/temporary. They can, however, be removed should you choose to- we recommend using a scraper or an object with a thin, flat surface to wiggle under a seam and pop a corner of the tile up. From there you should be able to peel off the tile with your hands. Please note that as the adhesive is strong, if installed on a painted surface FloorPops are likely to lift the paint. It is also possible that some adhesive residue may be left behind when FloorPops are removed.
- Can you install FloorPops over existing tile?
Yes! We do not recommend installing over floating wood laminate as the base layer would not be secure.
- Will FloorPops stick to concrete?
If not polished concrete, a primer adhesive, such as liquid neoprene, is necessary for a secure application.
- Are FloorPops waterproof? How do you clean them?
FloorPops are water resistant. Allow 5 days after installation before cleaning, but once those 5 days have passed you can sweep, mop, vacuum or dust away! For best results, use a vinyl floor cleaner and do not clean with an excessive amount of water.
- Can I use FloorPops as a backsplash?
Yes, but please see the note in FAQ #1 that should you choose to install them on a wall or non-tiled, it is not guaranteed that they will not harm the surface underneath