We absolutely adore this DIY Decor Idea from the Coupon WAHM Website! They were kind enough to review our Spot the Owl Tree Decal kit from the new WallPops for Kids line. Not only did they do a fabulous job decorating the room with WallPops, they added a fun new element to the design: a hook! This created a unique place to hang sweaters and coats as well as a beautiful look in the room! Read the whole review here and see pictures of their project.
In more ways than one, maps are a familiar, comforting symbol to most of the population. We’ve seen them in classrooms as children, learned from them when we grew up and moved away, and, as adults, can stand back and admire all the wonderful places we’ve been along the way. Maps are a staple for interior design – they add character and sophistication to any room and are always a cause for conversation. Whether yours is curling at the edges, covered in push-pins from exotic vacations or sitting behind glass in a polished frame, WallPops has a variety of new geographical decorations for everyone.
Designed and manufactured in the United States, these removable, reusable map decals can easily travel with you to any destination you may desire. “We are proud to have the privilege of giving our customers top quality, American-made wall art,” said Paula Berberian, Creative Services Manager for Brewster Home Fashions, manufacturers of WallPops. “The ‘Made in the U.S.A’ stamp on our products is very important to us.”
Dry Erase Maps: Mark down ideal vacation spots, draw yourself a route, or even leave a funny note for the next person to walk by with WallPops new Dry Erase Maps and Kids Dry Erase Maps. With both World and USA versions, you can opt for whatever landscape suits your needs. All map decals are approximately $20.99 each and include:
Kids USA Dry Erase Map: This colorful, educational dry erase map boasts state capitals and fun symbols to represent a unique quality of each state. Perfect for children’s décor or a classroom. Measures 36- by 24- inches.
Kids World Dry Erase Map: Kids can think big and create their own notes with this dry erase map of the world. Bright colors and relevant symbols for each region makes this especially suited for kids. Measures 36- by 24- inches.
National Geographic USA Dry Erase Map: Sophisticated earth tones and gold framing around the title make this National Geographic Dry Erase map a timeless installation. Measures 24- by 36- inches.
National Geographic World Dry Erase Map: This executive style dry erase accent adds a touch of class to any home or office space. Measures 24- by 36- inches.
USA Dry Erase Map: This classic and functional dry erase map of the United States is a charming decoration for any space; dorm, apartment, office or living area. Measures 24- by 36- inches.
World Dry Erase Map: For a more detailed world view, this dry erase map is great for academic and home settings. Measures 24- by 36- inches.
“I never knew the charm of spring… I never knew my heart could sing, I never missed a warm embrace ‘Til April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, Holiday tables under the trees…” *Le Sigh* The notion of April in Paris is a romantic one indeed. This dreamy city has set the stage for many a love story with its beautiful fusion of historical splendor and contemporary trendsetting. Each year, this fashion capital hosts Maison & Objet, Europe’s largest home design exhibition. Paula Berberian, WallPops Creative Director, scoured the enormous show searching for the latest trends and reports back here with four that can easily be incorporated into your décor.
“While Pantone named Emerald Green the color of the year, it appeared that 1950’s sugary pastels were evident and making headway,” says Berberian. “A hue I especially saw around the halls was a very soft pink that was commonly paired with taupes and black and white, along with a soft yellow, seen most often with grey.”
Whether in the popular pink, the new hot pistachio pastel, subtle watery blues, or in other soft marshmallow hues, the trend is certainly on time for spring. Oh Pear dots, blox and stripes add a refreshing sweetness to walls, and coordinate beautifully with other pretty pastels like light pink, buttercream yellow and baby blue. The design’s pastel pairing produces a look that’s both soft and sophisticated.
There is a lot of financial uncertainty in the world right now” says Berberian. “Many companies are taking a conservative approach with regards to product introductions taking a deep breath and not wanting to take risks.” Berberian thinks this may be the reason why there are a lot of subdued modern interpretations of classic prints, such as a refreshed floral or damask.
Geometric and modern designs were still a favorite but I, along with my colleagues, concluded that there weren’t any drastically new designs. Overall designers and manufacturers are playing it safe,” concludes Berberian. For a colorful improved classic, the Hollywood design by Jonathan Adler for WallPops incorporates mod colors with a geometric floral pattern. Wow guests upon arrival by adding these WallPops in a foyer. Its large-scale bright print is as cheerful as it is inviting, and by adding the design to an entryway, it also helps to set the overall decorating style and mood of a home.
“This year’s show confirmed that the natural and artisanal is a trend with staying power,” says Berberian. “With a universal shift to more eco-friendly home décor, hand-crafted wooden pieces, even furnishings dyed with vegetable color, such as in a popular citrusy lime green, were prevalent.”
While the organic look was captured in wooden furniture from Scandinavian, Dutch and German to Italian designers, this theme can easily be captured in wall décor as well. For an eco-friendly statement and one that instantly adds an organic feel to a space, the Habitat kit is an ideal addition. Lush forest silhouettes of ferns, leaves, branches and butterflies pay homage to the beauty of nature.
4. Warm Metals
Just as colors were softened at the exhibition, so were the metallic accents. Rose gold, pink copper and yellowy brass finishes, both matte and highly-polished, were on-hand. In furnishings, the metals were often paired with dark woods like walnut, ceramics and marble and, as Berberian attests, were also seen on walls.
“Metallic-accented wallpaper was a constant at Maison, which serves as an affirmation that we’re on-trend,” says Berberian. For some bling on your walls, the Santorini comes cast in silver and gold mylar metallics. These delightful wall accents can transform any space into a sparkling jewel box while still maintaining a sophisticated allure.
1. Super Bowl XLVII – The Ravens vs. the 49ers
At this year’s Super Bowl in New Orleans, the Ravens will go against the 49ers and to make things more interesting, the two rival coaches this year are brothers. We’re looking forward to a great game, not to mention the entertaining commercials and Beyoncé’s performance.
2. Kate and William’s Baby
2013 will welcome the Duke and Duchess’ first baby. We can’t wait to see the first photos of the happy family.
3. Our New WallPops Line
Another newcomer this year will be our exciting, new collection of peel-and-stick wall art. Be sure to watch our site for more about the stylish introduction launching soon.
4. Mad Men Returns
One of the most popular dramas will return with its sixth season this April. Will you be tuning in?
5. Creating Frame-Worthy Moments
We created a list of all the fun things we want to do this year. From going on a hot balloon ride to heading off on a scuba diving trip to taking cooking classes, fun is certainly ahead. We’ll be sure to be capturing all of these moments and putting them on walls with our chic Enamel Frames.
6. Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston’s Wedding
Who doesn’t love a good celebrity weekend? This will surely be a beautiful one. We look forward to seeing photos of the stunning couple.
7. Spring Cleaning and Redecorating Project
It’s always nice to feel like everything is clean and organized come spring, that’s why we are doing a major organization and colorful redo on our décor come March. Check back to our Facebook page and the blog for pictures. We’re definitely using our helpful Dry Erase Boards and Calendars, more details to come!
8. The Great Gatsby
The new adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel by Baz Luhrmann will surely be a treat. The story not to mention the cast – Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Joel Edgerton, Carey Mulligan and more – is something we’re looking forward to.
9. Incredible Fashion
We always stay on top of the latest trends in order to incorporate them in our offerings, which is why we’re excited for New York’s upcoming Fashion Week running February 7 to 14.
10. A Calmer Year
2012 included a presidential election and the Summer Olympics, while this year we won’t see a president reelected or Phelps and Lochte going head-to-head in a pool, we look forward to a less-eventful year to spend fewer hours watching politics and games (even though we love them) and more time doing what we enjoy, like decorating!
5 Fun Holiday Decorating Ideas!
Do you love to decorate for the holidays as much as we do? When your home is all decked out in it’s festive finery, it has such a welcoming and happy feel! It is so much fun putting out your favorite holiday keepsakes, and adding a few new ones to the tradition each year. Here is a list of our top 5 holiday decorating ideas for 2012!
1. Set the mood for festive with twinkling lights! Like the photo above, where strings of mini lights are draped over a curtain rod behind a sheer curtain, sparkling lights add a magical touch! Nothing changes the mood of a room quicker than the lighting. Check out our chandeliers for another mesmerizing lighting accessory with shimmer shine! Choose from Posh or Icicles, both add a glitzy focal point with tiers of glimmery silver metallics. These spellbinding chandeliers will reflect light and can be equipped with their own bulb and cord set in any color you wish!
2. DIY Advent Calendars for hands-on fun! Advent calendars are a meaningful way to count the days leading up to the holidays, marking each special day of a holiday season with a symbolic activity. Kids especially love these calendars because the excitement builds each day! There are so many variations on this tradition, why not make your own? A Menorah where you add a flame to a new candle each day of Hanukkah, or a Christmas tree where you add an ornament for each day of December with the star at the top marking Christmas eve are 2 of our favorite ideas! WallPops unique peel and stick material is perfect for making your own advent calendar or Menorah this year! Check out our creation below! We used the Ice blox to cut out the shape, so it shines with a mirror silver finish.
3. Go all out in holiday colors with removable wall art! For a dramatic splash of color in instants, WallPops dots, blox, and stripes can totally transform a room with holiday theme colors.Blue and white, red and green, silver nixon and blue with shimmering mylar accents are a few of our favorites for festive wall decor! Make a guest room feel extra special by adding a gleeful detail to the walls, or polish up an entry way, bathroom or hall with jolly wall art for the season!
4. Display your Holiday Greeting Cards with Splendor! We love these ideas from Apartment Therapy on creative ways to display your holiday cards! One of the most exciting things about the holidays is coming home to find greeting cards from family and friends in the mail! Knowing how much time and love you put into picking out the cards to be sent to your list, isn’t it wonderful to open each one that you receive? Why not make your seasons greetings into part of your decor? To reduce clutter and put your cards on display, use doors, mirrors, windows, or wall space to display your special cards! We especially like the ideas below, one of which uses a ribbon tacked to a door, the other which uses WallPops as a DIY holly wreath to hold cards.
5. Make your list and check it twice! Santa’s List day is Sunday December 4th. While this is a silly holiday, it is also a cute reminder of nostalgic childhood hopes. Just like Ralph in A Christmas Story, we all have something that we are keeping our fingers crossed to discover under the wrapping paper this year. Making a wish list for the holidays, or having your kids make one, is fun! Even if you are way beyond a wish list of gifts, the holidays tend to find us making all kinds of lists, like shopping lists for holiday parties and presents, dinner menus, to-do’s and errands, important dates for all of those celebrations, the list of lists goes on and on! A dry-erase message board in a prominent location, like the kitchen, can provide the perfect visual reference for you this holiday season. Not only can they tie in with festive holiday decor, they also make perfect gifts for anybody on your list! Pictured below are our picks for this year! Let the holiday count down begin!
As Weather Becomes Dreary, Easily Add Cheerful Colors at Home
Summer’s green grass, colorful flowers and bright fashions are going out with the seasons ahead but that doesn’t mean you have to forfeit such vibrant color just because nature does. Awaken to color in cold months by adding these cheerful additions and enjoy a lively landscape anytime of the year.
- Swap in Happy Rugs: For an effective overall update, swap out neutral and lackluster-looking rugs for something that energizes the space. If you have hardwood or carpet, you can still add a variety of colorful carpets to transform a room without a major remodel. Try invigorating orange, cheerful yellow or even grassy green and add a few accent pieces of the same color around the room for balance. The area doesn’t have to be a circus of colors but these easy additions can add a whole lot of happy in humdrum colder months.
- Bring Nature In: While you may not be able to pick flowers fresh from the garden or even from the store, why not integrate these uplifting beauties more firmly into the décor? Try placing high-quality artificial floral arrangements around the home such as in the foyer, kitchen and living room or making a bigger impression by adding floral wall art. For an easy update, try WallPops, the premier line of peel-and-stick wall art from Brewster Home Fashions, that offers the Des Fleurs Wall Art Kit. It features four large pink-and-white flowers on a lime-green stem with gem embellishments. Other choices, the Sitting In a Tree Wall Art Kit with a whimsical green-leaf tree limb with blue birds perched on them and the Love Birds Wall Art Kit featuring a tan-and-cream tree with flowers, birds and heart-shaped limbs that comes in four square sheets. All approximately $29.99 each. To add a row of flowers, floral dots or a checkered pattern, also try WallPops Petals Dots, Blox and Stripes in a sixties-inspired floral design in pop colors. To accent, WallPops also offers peel-and-stick wall art in colorful solids including Flirt Pink and Stylin’ Green. All approximately $15.99 each pack.
- Colorful Kitchen and Tabletop: Go bright and notice the beauty it brings to the home. One simple way to add color is with dazzling dishes, kitchen accessories and other tabletop items that are used every day. Try throwing a bold red or blue tablecloth over dining tables in time for the holidays or add a splash of color and nature by using dinnerware patterned in lively butterflies, stripes or damask. Also, retire old toasters, coffee makers and blenders and upgrade to colorful options such as those offered by Sunbeam, which currently has small home appliances in cheerful pink and teal. Approximately $19.99 each and available on Target.com. Another great way to add color and pattern to a part of the kitchen is with WallPops Anya Stripes in an intriguing floral motif dominated by a deep teal, or with the Habitat wall art, a modern spin on a classic nature inspiration.
- Pillows that Pop: Perhaps the easiest way to bring color into a space is by placing bright pillows around the room. Rather than purchasing, to simply get tired of the design or color later, buy several standard square 20” x 20” pillows and use stylish covers to rotate these accent pieces to fit with the seasons or your latest favorite color. Try various online retailers such as Pronto Home that offers a wide supply of pillow covers from popular manufacturers that include everything from solids, watercolor patterns to bright bull’s eye prints.
Create a colorful home in cooler months with these easy additions and feel energized all year long.
Do you have a frumpy old filing cabinet at home? Most of us need our filing cabinets for extra storage and to keep our documents organized. However, they do not always make for an appealing room accent. Have you thought about painting a filing cabinet, or, better yet, using wall decals to spruce it up? We have! Check out this quick video where we totally renovate a filing cabinet from drab to fab using a nautical blue spray paint and WallPops by Jonathan Adler stripes!
Thinking about giving your home office decor a face-lift? Or, looking to put your filing cabinet to new use? Not just for organizing paperwork, those ubiquitous metal filing cabinets that seem to lurk in everybody’s home can be fantastic storage for everything from art supplies and photos to holiday decorations and even shoes. However, there is no reason to settle for the industrial-blah look of a typical file cabinet! Paint a cabinet and sass it up with WallPops! This DIY finling cabinet project was simple and came out gorgeous! We used the WallPops by Jonathan Adler Carnaby Stripes and a nautical blue spray paint. The total cost of this project was under $30!
There is only one you! WallPops celebrates creativity, making it easy to stylize a space and express yourself through unique decor. With so many designs to choose from, and so many different ways to arrange them, the possibilities are truly endless. Watch this cute video where Hannah and Kimberly engage in a friendly race to decorate their walls in Malaya and Petals. They had so much fun! Which wall do you like better?
From New York shop windows, to the streets of Milan, our favorite stores on-line, and throughout the mall, bright, bold prints with a global-chic vibe have been strutting their stuff in the sun this year! Cultured and fun, these prints make a statement of worldly fashion savvy. This powerful trend has had a liberating effect on our decorating and fashion sense, allowing us to mix styles and prints like never before with confident abandon. Picture a canary yellow African wax fabric pillow, resting on an orchid Moroccan pouf ottoman with a blue chevron pattern throw blanket… gorgeous!
Where once these vivid colors may have been shocking and (gasp!) clashing, now they are invigorating and a la mode. Influenced by global ventures, uniting color and pattern traditions of different cultures, these exotic fashions boast touches of Africana, animal prints, tribal chic patterns and romantic suzani and paisley designs from the Middle East. Peruse the gallery of striking wall art below from WallPops and plan to add some worldly touches to your home decor! Be tempted by shimmering patterns inspired by the golden island sun of Greece in Santorini and Geo Circles, enticing Casbah room panels with an Arabic intrigue, artisanal tree wall art, ethnic Persian textile suzani patterns, distant island prints like Bali, and chic animal print wall decals. Invigorate your walls with an adventurous splash of spicy style!