Find Your Inspiration Here!
Image via Homepolish LA
Oh the beauty of gallery walls! This wonderful design concept of mixing and matching artwork as well as photographs is a fabulous way to display your most cherished memories while also creating a gorgeous feature wall. The best part, there aren’t really any rules, you can personalize your wall as much as you’d like.
Here are a few tips to help get you started, just in case you’re in need of a little boost of inspiration…
A girly and charming gallery wall incorporating inspiring quotes, lots of color and a touch of Paris flair – Image via PopSugar
1. Be Yourself: The most important tip is to make sure your design speaks to who you are. Incorporate pictures and designs that show your personality and design taste.
A lovely kitchen nook featuring a beautiful gallery wall created around a painting of flowers – Image via Corynne Pless Designs
2. Focus Point: Choose one larger piece to build the rest of your wall around. This will help to both ground your design as well as make positioning each additional print a whole lot easier.
Image via Ms. Weatherbee
3. Use Creativity: Be creative with the layout. Snap pics of different designs to help you choose your favorite look!
Clocks to paintings, quotes and photographs make an intriguing gallery wall – Image via Cynthia Lynn Photography
4. Add Variety: Don’t stick to just one type of medium; rather use a collection of art, photos, prints and souvenirs. The more you mix, the more of an eclectic feel you will get.
Four examples of uniformed gallery walls featuring WallPops new peel and stick frame decals – Images via SF Girl By Bay, Ninainvorm and WallPops
A more eclectic arrangement featuring a variety of frame finishes via Houzz
5. Framework: It’s all in the framework! For a more collected look, use frames in the same color and style. If you would like a more “salon” feel, use different finishes such as a combination of metals and wood.